Outbreak Response Updates
COVID-19 Quick Reference
As a provider to nursing homes, health care facilities, schools, and cleaning professionals, and as a manufacturer of disinfecting solutions and hand soaps, Flexo is working as an essential service provider to assist Ontario residents and our customers in its fight against Covid-19.
We want to assure you that we are taking appropriate precautions to protect our employees, customers, and business partners. We are adapting our own business daily to keep our supply chain functioning and to provide our customers with products. Our purchasing staff is doing an excellent job sourcing items and dealing with shortages from suppliers on goods that we need. Our logistics crew is also doing a great job expediting orders and dealing with new customer receiving protocols. Our manufacturing has responded to the increased demand for disinfecting cleaners by pumping out more and more batches of Health Canada approved disinfecting products.
We remain operational with reduced people on premises and staff working from home. We have our own trucks still on the road delivering to customers, and we have provided special washroom facilities for truckers delivering products to our main distribution facility in Niagara Falls. We are also providing scheduled “curbside” pickups for customers with orders that have been previously placed.
We are closely monitoring updates from governments and health authorities and we are prepared to adapt policies and procedures in accordance with government recommendations. We will continue to provide updates on this page as they arise.
How Flexo Can Help
Give us a call at 905-354-2723 to discuss your specific requirements. We can assist by:
- Providing effective cleaning and disinfecting items.
- Providing product solutions for transmission prevention (Hand sanitizers, Hand Soap, Gloves, Personal Protective Equipment, etc.)
- Where shortages exist, we can provide alternative solutions or products.
- Provide scheduled curbside pickup for items ordered.
- Help to assist your staff with infection prevention.
Method of Transmission
COVID-19, like the flu, can be spread from person to person. When a person who has COVID-19 coughs, sneezes or talks, they may spread droplets containing the virus a short distance, which quickly settle on surrounding surfaces.
You may get infected by the virus if you touch those surfaces or objects and then touch your mouth, nose or eyes.
That’s why it’s really important to use good hygiene, regularly wash and thoroughly dry your hands, and use good cough etiquette.
General Precautions For Avoiding Risks of Covid-19 Infection
Most importantly, monitor advice and news from public health bodies and local government sources. In addition,
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues
- Wash your hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds)
- Wash your hands often
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Avoid personal contact; such as kissing or sharing cups or food with sick people
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects (eg. doorknobs)
- Stay home if you feel unwell and review your local advice (https://www.niagararegion.ca/health/covid-19/default.aspx)